Poems created by Daniel J. DeBenedictis of Greenbelt, MD at various times between 1958 and 1986.
Monday, September 3, 2007
For What Follows
The Grammar is not the best(1)
And neither is the rhyme(2)
As these things are of less value
Than the imparting of thoughts not mine(3)
Thoughts implied by others,
Both living and dead,
Whose acts and words by us,
Are seen, heard or read.
Some of them being accepted,
By the likes of you and me,
And passed along by us,
So that others may also see.
Notes
(1) Although born and brought up in the United States of America, my Grammar, Punctuation, Spelling and word usage concenring the English language would be better if I remembered what I'm supposed to ... or better understood the referneces I've sometimes consulted
(2) and (3) In addition to some line endings not rhyming, the lines , in many instances , do not have regular measured lengths of cadence; and often whether they do or not, a "sing-song" effect can easily result when they are read aloud with a repeating cadence beat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment